Advancing a digital healthcare future for Ireland
There are two event sessions to sign up for.
Information is available via the link above.
About the Event
Developing strong health information systems and introducing digital health solutions has long been recognized as a strategic priority by the World Health Organization (WHO). In the past year, the Covid-19 crisis has placed an even greater focus on the importance and centrality of a well-functioning and effective healthcare system in Ireland. The role of digital platforms and solutions have come to the fore as healthcare providers adapt to a lockdown society and remote access to patients.
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), working with Microsoft, have completed a research report on the potential impact of digital solutions in healthcare, with a specific look at experiences in Ireland including the HSE. The report documents the use and implementation of key digital health tools, such as electronic health records by international healthcare systems and the deployment of digital technologies during COVID-19. An overview of the potential for progressing digital health in the Irish healthcare system is considered, with recommendations for policymaking and healthcare planning.
This event will host two separate sessions, we welcome you to join us for the event in full or either one of the sessions that interest you. Please register separately below for one or both of the sessions.
In the first Academic Session the research report will be officially launched, and senior international academics will share US and European experiences of implementing digital solutions in healthcare systems.
In the second Technology and Healthcare Session, speakers from Microsoft and the Irish Healthcare industry will also respond to the report followed by senior industry experts exploring how technology will help drive better patient outcomes and better overall service delivery.
Speakers – Academic Session
- Dr. Alan Barrett, Chief Executive Officer, ESRI
- Dr. Brendan Walsh, Research Officer, ESRI
- Professor Suzanne Bakken, University of Columbia, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association
- Professor Andre Drekker, Medical physicist MAASTRO Clinic, Maastricht University, The Netherlands.
- Dr. Gretta Mohan, Economist, ESRI
Speakers – Technology & Healthcare Session
- Dr. Frank O’Donnell, Public Sector Lead, Microsoft Ireland
- Dr. David Rhew, Global Chief Medical Officer and VP of Healthcare, Microsoft
- Yvonne Goff, National Director of Acute Strategy and Planning, HSE
- Niamh O’Beirne, National Lead for Testing and Tracing, HSE
- Eoin O’Reilly, Partner, EY
- Dr. Alan Barrett, Director ESRI