Informed Policy for a Better Ireland
This study shows an increase in the number of students taking higher level subjects for the Leaving Certificate. However, the increase was less pronounced in DEIS schools and smaller schools.
Katherine Zappone, TD, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, launched the latest Growing Up in Ireland research. Four Key Findings reports examine how 9-year-olds are faring in important areas of their lives and how their lives have changed since the children were 5 years of age.
The mission of the Economic and Social Research Institute is to advance evidence-based policymaking that supports economic sustainability and social progress in Ireland. ESRI researchers apply the highest standards of academic excellence to challenges facing policymakers, focusing on 12 areas of critical importance to 21st Century Ireland.
- Behavioural Economics
- Children and Young People
- Communications and Transport
- Energy and Environment
- Health and Quality of Life
- Internationalisation and Competitiveness
- Labour Markets and Skills
- Migration, Integration and Demography
- Social Inclusion and Equality
- Taxation, Welfare and Pensions