Growing Up in Ireland at the ESRI
The ESRI is the lead contractor for the Growing Up in Ireland study in partnership with TCD. All operations are run from the ESRI including:
- Consultation and design of instrumentation and sample
- Recruitment, training and co-ordination of interviewers
- All fieldwork operations
- Hosting and preparation of data
- Data workshops
- Annual conference hosting
The ESRI works with partners such as TCD, DCYA, CSO, ISSDA, National Qualitative Data Archive on:
- Research reports and dissemination
- Data archiving
Professors Dorothy Watson and Emer Smyth are Joint Principal Investigators since July 2018. Prior to his retirement, Professor James Williams led the project since it started in 2006.
More information on the Growing Up in Ireland study is available at https://www.growingup.ie.